It’s official, guys! Winter Wyvern is next in line to be added in Dota 2. Learn more about Winter Wyvern’s skill here.
Every time a new hero joins the fray, a new Arcana will follow. This time the lucky winner of the Wheel of Arcana is none other than the lady that is as cold as the Wyvern.
It is currently available on the Steam store to pre-order, which will costs 20% less if you pre-order it now, and you can do so here.
The Arcana, like all the other Arcana items, changes the hero’s model, animation, load-out pose, death animation and skill icons. What made this Arcana different from the others is that Crystal Maiden will have a pup from god knows where to follow her where ever she goes. The Arcana changes the effects of her ultimate as well: from a simple hail of death to sick icicles towering from hell! Oh and the pup howl as well.
The alternate voice for Spectre is included in the upcoming patch as well, coming in the form of an item that Spectre can equip, meaning you have a choice to either use the original one or the new one. The alternate voice will only be available for those that purchased The International 2014 Compendium. You can hear the new voice from DotaCinema’s YouTube channel right here. A lot of people are hating so much on the new voice for Spectre but to me, the new voice is kinda good. Its a little more… ghost-y now.
An update will also be made to the terrible drop rate of cosmetics in the game, quoted from the official Dota 2 blog:
The first change is increasing the drop rate for the existing ultra-rare drop system, which includes Full Sets, Bundles, Treasures, and more. Alongside that drop system, we are adding a new drop system that happens significantly more frequently for single items. Items that drop are not marketable, but can each be gifted one time to a friend.
Additionally, sets from Treasures will now also be giftable in the same way during their initial market/trade restricted date, so if you want to give a friend an item for his favorite hero, you will be able to use the updated gifting system.
Hopefully we’ll get more drops compared now. The current drop system is so bad, that I have gone tons of games without an item dropping for either one of the ten players of both teams.
Speaking of cosmetics, you can now recycle ten of your unused cosmetics for a Charm of the Crucible Jewel. It functions like Charm of the Defender’s Vision that was introduced during the release of Phantom Assassin’s Arcana. The item enables you to predict your victory of the game before the horn, much like the ‘In The Bag’ taunt for Compendium owners. But instead of counting the streaks of successful prediction, it will turn into a treasure that contains item sets as well as a chance to get an ARCANA if you predicted correctly three times in a row. It will turn into Charm Fragments that act as sacrifices for the Charm of the Crucible Jewel if you predicted wrongly twice. But Valve isn’t gonna let people run away with free Arcana can put them on the store, no. They are way smarter than that. They made all the items that you get from the treasure cannot be traded, so there.
They would never introduce a new patch without adding more cosmetics available through the Store. The sets and treasures will be available next week and more in the week after so prepare your wallets. The store update also includes a new form effigy, music pack as well as loading screen.
There is also t-shirts, posters, totes, plushies and figures available at WeLoveFine so check them out here.
Now, for the useful part of the update, the 6.83c patch.
- – Enabled Phantom Lancer in Captain’s Mode
- – Juggernaut’s agility growth reduced from 2.85 to 2.4
- – Juggernaut’s Healing Ward manacost rescaled from 80/100/120/140 to 120/125/130/135
- – Juggernaut’s Bladefury manacost rescaled from 110 to 120/110/100/90
- – Axe’s Berserker’s Call no longer affects invulnerable units (like Cycloned units)
- – Axe’s Berserker’s Call no longer keeps the targets disabled if Axe dies while the targets still have the debuff
- – Axe’s Culling Blade kill threshold reduced from 250/350/450 to 250/325/400 (Scepter from 300/450/625 to 300/425/550)
- – Vengeful Spirit’s Wave of Terror duration reduced from 20 to 15 seconds
- – Lion’s Hex unit movement speed reduced from 100 to 140 (same as Scythe of Vyse)
- – Dire Ancients spawn box restriction area is now a bit smaller
Also, an update to Dota 2.
- – Various Pathing Improvements
- – Fixed being unable to play bot games when you are offline
- – Buyback readiness UI now takes into account how much gold you will lose when dying
- – Pausing is no longer allowed in Unranked All Pick if your team is connected and hasn’t picked their heroes
- – Pausing In matchmaking games now has a countdown timer before initiating a pause
- – Fixed various projectile particle effects being visible in Fog of War
- – Moved the kill text lower so it does not get blocked by the “Killed By” screen
- – Fixed the courier sometimes failing to deliver items if the deliver key was pressed soon after an item was purchased
- – Networth Graph now updates automatically after hero kills instead of with a delay
- – Alt clicking now works on enemy buffs
- – Replays now start recording only after players have finished loading
- – Left clicking actions on the minimap no longer ignores input for the first 0.2 seconds
- – Added a new command to help debugging/analysis (dota_show_spectated_unit_orders) by showing player inputs when watching a replay or spectating.
- – Fixed the Hill Troll Priest in the small camp sometimes not moving when the rest of the camp was pulled by taking damage
- – Fixed an issue with neutral creeps and Roshan becoming idle when silenced.
- – Fixed Lone Druid’s Bear’s Necronomicon Warriors not giving kill credit to Lone Druid
- – Added all sound directories to the whitelist for -enable_addons
- – Several ability description adjustments and fixes
That’ll be the end of all the not-enough-time-to-pick-heroes-to-counter-enemy-team pauses.
The Official Dota 2 Blog